Wednesday 9 November 2011

Sloth Final illustration
This is my final illustration for Sloth. The symbolisms for this one are the fairy is generally seen as a very playful creature, fun, carefree etc, and so I thought she would pride subtle hints to sloth, and of course the cliche of the fact she is a asleep is there, to help communicate the idea. The goat is the associated animal for Sloth hence why she is sleeping on him.

I thought that the back lighting with overcast provides a more dramatic scene whilst also suggesting dusk, subtle shadows are created as a result, and a general attemp to make a really relaxed lighting scheme to help the sloth like feel.

I decided to blur the background to bring focus on the characters, and give the idea that the eyes are sleepy still and thus everything that you arent looking at is blurry as a result.

And on another note Ive just passed my driving theory test :) So I now have one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment